Next Project---Win a cookie!

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Next Project---Win a cookie!

Post by Grilledcheese » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Well, I'm burned out on Little Birds for the moment, so I've started something ten times more involved and difficult. It will likely be 100% scratch built, and while I would like to have built it 1/18 scale, it would have been far too big and cost WAY too much in styrene. I was thinking about 1/32 scale but fudged the math and ended up with 1/25 scale. Oh well, I was kinda watching Spongebob at hte time and my math ain't so great anyhow and I haven't seen my calculator in a couple of years. I'll leave it mostly a secret until its finished, so expect to see this thread again in about six months, and the two or three of you who might have any interest in the subject will be impressed.
Hopefully.

I'll post one pic of my weekend progress as a hint. Anyone who guesses what I'm building gets a cookie:

(Yeah, I hate secrets and surprises too, but hopefully it will be a tad more impressive this way. Or not.)

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:25 pm

I have no idea what it is/will be. But I do like the song from which your signature was taken.

Do I get a cookie?

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:47 pm

I may have to send you a cookie just for that!
I almost enjoyed that song more than the game itself, which was blast by itself.

I even have a 320kbps rip of the song in my library. 8)

Jeffrey

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:57 pm

I don't remember how/where I came across the song, but I found the video on YouTube. I showed it to my girlfriend, and now we both like it. Now we even manage to work it into conversation, often as an inside joke...

"Maybe Black Mesa... Ha-Ha... Fat chance!"

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Some sort of cannon . :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

PanzerArm

?

Post by PanzerArm » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:04 pm

One piece looks like it could be a part of an AH-64 Apache, but the rest I can't really place so I'm not so sure.

You've got me stumped :?

-Kevin

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:15 pm

Artilery !

phil

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:03 am

Some sort of Japanese robot anime thing??????

Oh and i dose likes mine in chocolate chip.....fix my grammar :twisted: :twisted: I dare you!
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Black_Dragon_One

Re: Next Project---Win a cookie!

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:12 pm

Grilledcheese wrote:Well, I'm burned out on Little Birds for the moment, so I've started something ten times more involved and difficult. It will likely be 100% scratch built, and while I would like to have built it 1/18 scale, it would have been far too big and cost WAY too much in styrene. I was thinking about 1/32 scale but fudged the math and ended up with 1/25 scale. Oh well, I was kinda watching Spongebob at hte time and my math ain't so great anyhow and I haven't seen my calculator in a couple of years. I'll leave it mostly a secret until its finished, so expect to see this thread again in about six months, and the two or three of you who might have any interest in the subject will be impressed.
Hopefully.

I'll post one pic of my weekend progress as a hint. Anyone who guesses what I'm building gets a cookie:

(Yeah, I hate secrets and surprises too, but hopefully it will be a tad more impressive this way. Or not.)

Jeffrey

brid layer
whats up doc....

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:58 pm

:?: .........Dropship from Aliens?

hendoracer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hendoracer » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:46 pm

so uh... what is it?

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:14 pm

Okay, so I can't keep a secret.
Flyboy "Plane-In-Tree" Fx gets the cookie, because he came closest with his guess (send me an address and the cookie is on its way).

Here's what I got so far:

What you see here is a rough build of the lower portion of a Mad Cat MkII from the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe. The parts in the background will eventually be the gauss rifles that make up the mech's arms. Without geeking out too much, the MkII was loosely based on the original Mad Cat/Timberwolf mech, was built by the Clans, and was sold to whoever could pay---sometime after the Clans gave up on their dreams of conquest of the Inner Sphere worlds and became mercenaries for their former enemies.
A ninety ton assault-class omnimech, the MkII was introduced in the Mechwarrior 4 PC game. And I've always really liked it.

I'll post more progress pics later. So far I've been using styrene and ABS plastic. Hip joints have two-axis articulation, and so do the ankle joints. Knee is also articulated.

I've still got a very long way to go...:shock:

Jeffrey
Last edited by Grilledcheese on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:29 pm

Yes I will dose get a cooky now with an gramar book!
--Samuel Beckett

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:14 pm

I was going to say Madcat when I saw the weapon

just broke out Mech_Commander for the PC this week for some old days gaming. 8)
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:32 pm

Grilledcheese wrote:Okay, so I can't keep a secret.
Flyboy "Plane-In-Tree" Fx gets the cookie, because he came closest with his guess (send me an address and the cookie is on its way).

Here's what I got so far:

What you see here is a rough build of the lower portion of a Mad Cat MkII from the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe. The parts in the background will eventually be the gauss rifles that make up the mech's arms. Without geeking out too much, the MkII was loosely based on the original Mad Cat/Timberwolf mech, was built by the Clans, and was sold to whoever could pay---sometime after the Clans gave up on their dreams of conquest of the Inner Sphere worlds and became mercenaries for their former enemies.
A ninety ton assault-class omnimech, the MkII was introduced in the Mechwarrior 4 PC game. And I've always really liked it.

I'll post more progress pics later. So far I've been using styrene and ABS plastic. Hip joints have two-axis articulation, and so do the ankle joints. Elbow is also articulated.

I've still got a very long way to go...:shock:

good build

Jeffrey
whats up doc....

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:02 am

that looks neat!
--Samuel Beckett

exether_mega