Bad Trader Report

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Bad Trader Report

Post by coreystinson » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:58 pm

The following people don't pay for the things they agree to buy:

conteaddict
cornbreadfred
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Bad Trader Report

Post by hworth18 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:18 pm

coreystinson wrote:The following people don't pay for the things they agree to buy:

conteaddict
cornbreadfred
Sorry to see I am not the only one thats been stood up... :(
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:53 am

hworth18 wrote:Sorry to see I am not the only one thats been stood up... :(
That's the way it always works I'm afraid, which is why it is good to spread the word around.
Corey Stinson

YT

Post by YT » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:14 am

Does this mean that those WC51s weapons carriers are still up for grabs? If they are, let me know...

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:17 am

coreystinson wrote:The following people don't pay for the things they agree to buy:

conteaddict
cornbreadfred
Duly noted. Thanks.
Sorry to see I am not the only one thats been stood up...
Unfortunately this kind of thing happens all the time around here, usually by people who are "just looking for a couple of things" :roll:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:12 pm

This is why I rarely sell through BST and link to my Ebay auctions instead. Too many headaches and no real recourse if someone decides to screw you over.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:28 pm

YT wrote:Does this mean that those WC51s weapons carriers are still up for grabs? If they are, let me know...
Hi, sorry, no those did go to a regular here and are safely lodged in his collection now. ;)
Corey Stinson

skyraider
Corporal
Corporal

Post by skyraider » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:28 pm

Corey, just wondering. Did you contact Cornbread Fred and ask him what the problem is? I have had two dealings with him, and each time he went out of his way to get me what I wanted. Just wondering.
Dylan

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:32 pm

skyraider wrote:Corey, just wondering. Did you contact Cornbread Fred and ask him what the problem is? I have had two dealings with him, and each time he went out of his way to get me what I wanted. Just wondering.
No, I don't badger people to meet their promises and obligations.

In both of these cases the transaction amounts are so small that a) it's not worth my time to badger the other party for payment, and b) ridiculous anyway that they aren't paying as promised due to the small amount of money involved.

If there is some other explanation I am sure they can make the effort to explain it to me via PM or here on this thread.
Corey Stinson

skyraider
Corporal
Corporal

Post by skyraider » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:35 pm

So let me see if I understand this. The item you were selling does not cost much, but you are willing to bring down Cornbread's reputation without even asking if he had a problem. If I was Fred, I would be pissed.
Dylan

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Rowsdower wrote:This is why I rarely sell through BST and link to my Ebay auctions instead. Too many headaches and no real recourse if someone decides to screw you over.
Thats why I would only deal with people that have been here a long time and get good feedback.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:54 pm

I've had that happen here too, however since no loss is involved I don't think it's right to out them as bad traders; dorks maybe :P
Nev

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:04 pm

skyraider wrote:So let me see if I understand this. The item you were selling does not cost much, but you are willing to bring down Cornbread's reputation without even asking if he had a problem. If I was Fred, I would be pissed.
I had a deal with Cornbreadfred for a FM B-25, he told me he would mail out a money order on a Monday and it never came. I also tried contacting him with NO response. I had a similar problem with Saberfan which I think are one and the same person. Saberfan did the exact same thing to me on a couple of deals and supposedly they are "cousins".

What it comes down to is: Don't commit to buy something if you have no intention of paying for it.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:34 pm

flyboy_fx wrote:Thats why I would only deal with people that have been here a long time and get good feedback.
Yes, that is wise. 8)
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:23 pm

deleted.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:29 pm

hworth18 wrote:
skyraider wrote:So let me see if I understand this. The item you were selling does not cost much, but you are willing to bring down Cornbread's reputation without even asking if he had a problem. If I was Fred, I would be pissed.
I had a deal with Cornbreadfred for a FM B-25, he told me he would mail out a money order on a Monday and it never came. I also tried contacting him with NO response. I had a similar problem with Saberfan which I think are one and the same person. Saberfan did the exact same thing to me on a couple of deals and supposedly they are "cousins".

What it comes down to is: Don't commit to buy something if you have no intention of paying for it.
I really do not know about your dealings.

But Sabrefan's cancer may have come back. I do not think that he would back off a deal on purpase.

His tie with Cornbread I do not know.But both of them hail from my fair state. :?
Last edited by pickelhaube on Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:33 pm

Well I haven't bought anything from anybody here yet, but I would assume in any transaction, you don't send the item out till payment is made, then if they don't like it, they can send the item back for a full refund, minus shipping charges.
Give or take a little negotiation for small damages the buyer is willing to live with and keep the item..

Trades I don't know, that's a thing you need a little more trust with and knowing the person you are trading with.

Some people around this forum are fixtures here and their reputations are well known, and something to be proud of never tarnishing.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:36 am

If you were Fred, you wouldn't pay for the stuff you ordered. :)
Corey Stinson

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:04 am

Corey,

Don't you thinking being so aggressive, and outing these guys without so much as a PM, might scare off potential customers, or maybe loose customers altogether. I found in one of our past dealings, that you are very ungiving, when it comes to buyer/customer disputes. I know I made a couple of purchases elswhere, do to that fact. Yes, I'm still a little sore over, that rewards points issue.

gk5717
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gk5717 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:34 am

Fritzkrieg wrote:Corey,

Don't you thinking being so aggressive, and outing these guys without so much as a PM, might scare off potential customers, or maybe loose customers altogether. I found in one of our past dealings, that you are very ungiving, when it comes to buyer/customer disputes. I know I made a couple of purchases elswhere, do to that fact. Yes, I'm still a little sore over, that rewards points issue.

I agree with Fritzkreig, it,s "there way are the highway". I will never buy from Small Joes again. I really don,t see how they stay in business with that type of customer relations.
Gary

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:21 am

Show me on the doll where Stinson touched you :twisted:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:43 am

Lets try to keep the conversation civil :wink:

Communication is key with these transactions on the board, so if you or the other person have a problem, you have to be willing PM or email one another and resolve it.

Also, as a rule when selling, one should NEVER send an item before it has been paid for. Obviously, this is what is done with an online business and it is what should be done here. (Smalljoes never sent me a GI Joe figure unless I had paid for it, for example :wink: )

Trades are more difficult to regulate, however, and should only be done if you "know" and trust the boardmember. I usually only trade with boardmembers with whom I've previously had a successful transaction.

There are two at fault here. Cornbreadfed has taken an item and not paid for it, which is bad form and ultimately theft. Corey, however, should not have let the item go until he got the payment.

Given this situation, I would hope that each involved party will be able to set up a dialogue and resolve the issue.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:48 am

popeye357 wrote:Show me on the doll where Stinson touched you :twisted:
LOL!

Look, I'm giving a heads up to others on the board to help them avoid trade/sell nuisances, because in this case these were private party transactions (I will not be bringing non-paying business clients to this board, as I have 10 a week).

I'm not sure why anyone would hold a business to a different set of standards, relative to "a deal/agreement is a deal", than you would any other private party transactions, but that is clearly where this thread is headed. Not interested in debating it further.
Corey Stinson

cornbreadfred
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cornbreadfred » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:50 am

Well let me chime in please. I NEVER got any item I did not pay for. Corey never sent me the item, because I guess he did not get the payment. Corey I wish you would have contacted me about this.
Fred, really looking forward to the JSI 1/18th scale Grumman F-14 Tomcat.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:51 am

Fritzkrieg wrote:Yes, I'm still a little sore over, that rewards points issue.
The reward points system is a contractual legal agreement. If I operate it outside of the stated contract I am potentially opening myself up to a variety of legal complaints, especially considering the way that word gets around the 'net. For that reason, unless you are signed up and we have a logged record of that electronic signature, orders don't count toward the program. Sorry you can't see if from our side, but that's the way it is.
Corey Stinson