Any New News On The Horizon..?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
f56tbird
Corporal
Corporal

Any New News On The Horizon..?

Post by f56tbird » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:32 am

Gentlemen..
Its been awhile since i have last visited. Work, life and other adventures as most of you all have experienced at on time or another keeps spare time in short supply. Been through hurricane Irma here in Florida which was a real boneing and have some house rebuilding to do and started to catch up on some other things as well.
Most of you our members have there fingers on the pulse of our hobby and was wondering if there are any new 1/18th scale subjects (my personal preference airplanes).., to be coming soon. The 1/18th scale Harrier was a great addition to our collections but I am sure we all have a itch again for something new and not a repaint. Would love to see a A-4 or perhaps a F-5. Both versatile aircraft with many marking and color/camo combinations. Both small enough to fit on a shelf with our Harriers and others in our collections. A T-2C Buckeye (now I am really dreaming).., would get me sweating but we can all wish.
Best to all..John G.
There was a demon that lived in the air. They said that whoever challanged him would die. He lived behind a barrier through which they said no man could ever pass. They called it..., the sound barrier..

Winterstar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Any New News On The Horizon..?

Post by Winterstar » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:55 am

The Merit/JSI FW-190 (in the A series as opposed tot he Dora) was the most recent "new" plane we've had. As far as most of us can tell it didn't even get a US release. Merit has gone mostly silent in regards to new 1:18 or 1:16 subjects. I'm not sure how the sales of the two Harrier releases did but I get the impression they view the scale as not profitable enough.

Those who know folks to talk to at Merit can perhaps shed light, but that's my best guess.

BBI clearanced out their 1:18 offerings a while back. It is unclear if/when they may opt to do so again.

It's even hard to find the knock-off tank models now-a-days.

Now is the rise of the garage kit.

normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by normandy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:12 am

Pizzaguy is working on a 1/18 Me163B-1 and Jnewboy is offering a 1/18 Lippisch P13A.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:18 am

Yeah, the Merit FW-190A-5 is the newest pre-built plane in 1/18 and it only saw limited overseas release last year. You can get one out of China for around $200. However, it appears that the FW-190 will get a US release in kit form, with additional decal options for another scheme besides the garish Herman Graf livery. See our thread about it here:
http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... =1&t=35712

Then there is Picklehaube's MI-24 Hind that he just finished up as well as PizzaGuy's upcoming ME-163, Jnewboy's Lippish, and Aracula's Hurricane. Grunt1 also has a number of 3D printed vehicle kits available on Shapeways.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

pizzaguy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pizzaguy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:54 am

As Normandy said I am working on the Me163 and have a 3D printed A4 in the shoulder waiting to be sanded and detailed.
Wish I had more time.

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Marauder Gun Runners is supposed to be launching a new WWII figure Kickstarter sometime around spring 2018. I’m really hoping it actually happens since their Task Force Kickstarter line of 1/18 figures has been pretty amazing.
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere