Win a * FREE * 1:18 BBI F/A-18 "Sidewinders" Hornet Contest

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.

Interested?

Cool!
93%
Nah, not my bag.
7%

Total votes: 46

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Win a * FREE * 1:18 BBI F/A-18 "Sidewinders" Hornet Contest

Post by Foxhole Toys » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Hola Gang!

Here's your chance to win a FREE BBI 1:18 scale F/A-18 Hornet!!!

We, at Foxhole Toys wanted to create a little excitement in the 1:18 market (we all know we could use it) and thought we would pair it with the soon to be released Hornet this July.

We get many photos from our collector friends located around the globe who do some pretty amazing dioramas. With the absence of 21st Century Toys and the lack of new product over the past few years the photos have slowed to a trickle. We want the excitement back...and 2012 feels like it's on the right track. That said, we're holding a 1:18 diorama photo contest starting immediately and ending July 4th in honor of the holiday & the arrival of the latest Hornet.

So, if you feel inclined and have a knack for creativity, dust off your 1:18 scale figures, vehicles, aircraft, accessories & customs and get started! For more details, please visit us at http://www.foxholetoys.com and check our "News You Can Use" page. Or, if you prefer, you may simply contact us directly at [email protected] & 503.679.0919.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY!

This is designed to be a fun event and we hope to make it an annual one as well! It's also a way Foxhole Toys can help out it's 1:18 friends and at least ONE lucky winner! Perhaps that winner will be YOU! :)

One catch...ALL photos must be brand NEW, original and NEVER before seen or posted on the web. C'mon guys you've got to put a little effort into it for a FREE Hornet. We also want to know if this is of interest to everyone here and would love to get your feedback.

Cheers to you all,
Matt
Foxhole Toys ..."Dive in!"
www.FoxholeToys.com

grunt1
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Win a * FREE * 1:18 BBI F/A-18 "Sidewinders" Hornet Con

Post by grunt1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Matt,

This is great, thank you for doing it! Now to get to work!

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Foxhole Toys » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Grunt, your work is AMAZING mi amigo! So we can count you in as a "Cool" in the poll? ;)
www.FoxholeToys.com

Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:16 pm

What a great contest...thanks Matt! Like Grunt1 said, off to work
The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Doh! Yes, I got so excited I forgot it was a poll!

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Foxhole Toys » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Well, the info is on our "News You Can Use" page...the poll was to see if there was enough interest to support the give away prize.

And no, no, no THANK YOU Yoxford! We exist because of all of you, and we know it! Cheers! :)
www.FoxholeToys.com

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Count Me In!!!
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Great idea! While I don't really have enough to participate I will watch with envy!

~ Jeff

snake

Post by snake » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:43 pm

A great idea, Matt. 8)

A big thanks to you, and Foxhole Toys for doing this contest, and that is a quite an impressive prize you are giving away.

Been a real drought for the 1/18 crowd the last couple of years, but with the BBI Me109, F-16, and the Merit Dauntless coming, things are at least still coming. And the "Sidewinders" F-18 is even more good news.

I won't be able to participate myself, but would love to see the entries submitted.

Cheers to you, and Foxhole Toys. :D

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:39 pm

Very cool Matt! Thanks for letting us know!

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Oh, oh... It seems I've put too much picks in the Foxhole Galery, I have to set myself at work from new. Nice exciting idea, Matt!

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Sweet, i'm in. What an awesome prize.
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:44 pm

Foxhole Toys wrote: One catch...ALL photos must be brand NEW, original and NEVER before seen or posted on the web. C'mon guys you've got to put a little effort into it for a FREE Hornet.
So I can't re-post my picture from 2005 that won the 21c USMC Photo Contest? :lol:

This sounds like a good idea. I'll have to think of something.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:38 am

Here is a link that may give some inspiration.......smaller scale but great stuff.
http://www.battlesceneproductions.net/apps/photos/

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:27 am

I see that Fox Hole has a pre-order for poly bagged F/A-18 pilot figures, painted or unpainted. I ordered a couple.

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Foxhole Toys » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Those Pilot figures will arrive the same time as the Sidewinders Hornet. It's easy to miss on our site since we do not have an image available yet. Once we obtain some photos we will post them. We may just grab our Golden Dragons pilot as a reference for now.

BTW, what do you guys think of BBI's 'unpainted' version at the lower price point? Are there many of you who would rather custom paint from scratch or would you prefer to simply paint over selected parts of a painted version?

Oh, and Normandy...FANTASTIC link!!! Thank you! :)
www.FoxholeToys.com

AJWW2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by AJWW2 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Is it a random "drawing" or will you pick the best one?

Does it have to be outside or have a background to look as realistic as possible? Or can I enter pics of a diorama that is on a board and is more of a "cutout" of scene rather than a scene meant to look like I was really "there" when I took the pic? Do you understand?

Sorry for the drawn-out, complicated question. Sometimes I have trouble getting my point across.
:)

AJ
it be like dat

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Matt,
I don't like special paintings or markings (their are just set for 1 special day, or a week like Gunsmoke, Tiger meet), just the standart every day camo sheme. But this one is awesome. I'm just disturbed with the "Sidewinder" markings on the fuel tanks.
I have neither an aerograph nore a good skill in painting, so I would like to buy this new Hornet as it is. Considering the price the relative simply painted "Golden Dragons" on eBay reaches (my son has it), and much more for the "Red Devil" and the "Marauder", there is no discussion. There is just one Red now on eBay, bidding is at less than half time and it is allready 280 $. Of course, international bidders like me have to count a heavy shipping cost, and we can't get into the US inner market.
Did you ask that because BBI will sell unpainted Hornets? Or does Foxhole have any special link to the producer?

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Foxhole Toys » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:17 am

Hi Chris!

I'm sorry if I confused you mate. The F/A-18 Hornet will only be made available in its painted form. As Tinman pointed out, I was referring to BBI's release of the single bagged Navy pilot figures...sold separately (like the MH-60 Black Hawk Pilot & SEAL figures). One comes fully painted and one will be available unpainted (for customs). We have both of these available on our site as PRE-ORDERS and are also very limited.

Per AJww2, whatever you want as your diorama buddy...indoor, outdoor, just figures, everything, it's up to you guys. BUT, it has to be something totally NEW and never posted anywhere on the web and never seen by others on the web. This is intended to recapture the excitement, fun and interest in 1/18. And for your creativity, your encouragement to fellow collectors - new and experienced, your commitment to 1/18, etc., Foxhole Toys is giving back something completely FREE with no purchase necessary.

Back to the original question...there are three judges who will each pic ONE favorite diorama photo they think is the best of the bunch. The names of the three individuals (assuming we all pick different best photos) will then be placed in a hat and then drawn blindly at random. We thinks that's the fairest way and none of the judges can enter the contest.

HOWEVER, we have floated another idea. We may, with this forums administers permission and exclusivity, involve everyone here and host a poll. In this case EVERYONE would become judges and vote for their favorite diorama photo.

Now the fine print: ALL photos entered by designers will be forwarded to FoxholeToys.com and Foxhole Toys will be given exclusive rights to post, tag and distribute as we so choose. Shipping to the actual winner of the contest accepts all shipping costs. No cash value or substitutions available. If the winner is an international contestant all shipping costs are at the expense of the winner.

Chris!...shipping to Switzerland (based on the expected shipping package of 40"x11"x10" @ 10 lbs) is approximately $60.00 USD via USPS Priority Mail International. A steal for nearly a $200.00 item with obvious increased future value. No? Yes? Nein? Si? Nyet? Oui? :)

Please NOTE: USPS Priority Mail International is not available to some countries. Please contact Foxhole Toys directly for confirmation or you may go to http://www.usps.com for a calculated estimate based on the above info.

Everyone here is welcome to contact me with any questions or concerns. I will also try and monitor this forum regularly to answers question here, as well.

I have been a member here since the very beginning of the previous GroundPounder's site (formerly under the call sign "Bravo Two-Six"), long before it became SSMH, and it keeps getting better and better! You guys are awesome and we thank all of you for your support and input at Foxhole Toys and on this forum!!! I hope this helps guys!

Cheers, Matt
www.FoxholeToys.com

AJWW2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by AJWW2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:51 am

I'M GONNA WIN DIS YALL!!!...

...I hope.
it be like dat

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:24 am

I've just had an idea for a dio, but it needs a Sidewinder Hornet... :roll:

Thank you Matt, you blowed away the fog in my complicated brain all the time switching between my everyday french, SSMHQ english and (swiss) eBay german. Chris

AJWW2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by AJWW2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Foxhole Toys wrote:Hi Chris!

I'm sorry if I confused you mate. The F/A-18 Hornet will only be made available in its painted form. As Tinman pointed out, I was referring to BBI's release of the single bagged Navy pilot figures...sold separately (like the MH-60 Black Hawk Pilot & SEAL figures). One comes fully painted and one will be available unpainted (for customs). We have both of these available on our site as PRE-ORDERS and are also very limited.

Per AJww2, whatever you want as your diorama buddy...indoor, outdoor, just figures, everything, it's up to you guys. BUT, it has to be something totally NEW and never posted anywhere on the web and never seen by others on the web. This is intended to recapture the excitement, fun and interest in 1/18. And for your creativity, your encouragement to fellow collectors - new and experienced, your commitment to 1/18, etc., Foxhole Toys is giving back something completely FREE with no purchase necessary.

Back to the original question...there are three judges who will each pic ONE favorite diorama photo they think is the best of the bunch. The names of the three individuals (assuming we all pick different best photos) will then be placed in a hat and then drawn blindly at random. We thinks that's the fairest way and none of the judges can enter the contest.

HOWEVER, we have floated another idea. We may, with this forums administers permission and exclusivity, involve everyone here and host a poll. In this case EVERYONE would become judges and vote for their favorite diorama photo.

Now the fine print: ALL photos entered by designers will be forwarded to FoxholeToys.com and Foxhole Toys will be given exclusive rights to post, tag and distribute as we so choose. Shipping to the actual winner of the contest accepts all shipping costs. No cash value or substitutions available. If the winner is an international contestant all shipping costs are at the expense of the winner.

Chris!...shipping to Switzerland (based on the expected shipping package of 40"x11"x10" @ 10 lbs) is approximately $60.00 USD via USPS Priority Mail International. A steal for nearly a $200.00 item with obvious increased future value. No? Yes? Nein? Si? Nyet? Oui? :)

Please NOTE: USPS Priority Mail International is not available to some countries. Please contact Foxhole Toys directly for confirmation or you may go to http://www.usps.com for a calculated estimate based on the above info.

Everyone here is welcome to contact me with any questions or concerns. I will also try and monitor this forum regularly to answers question here, as well.

I have been a member here since the very beginning of the previous GroundPounder's site (formerly under the call sign "Bravo Two-Six"), long before it became SSMH, and it keeps getting better and better! You guys are awesome and we thank all of you for your support and input at Foxhole Toys and on this forum!!! I hope this helps guys!

Cheers, Matt
Thanks Matt.

Dang, I don't like the "drawing" part.

Well I'll try my best.
:mrgreen:

AJ
it be like dat

AJWW2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by AJWW2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Oh snap, double post
it be like dat

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by parrish333 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Awesome contest - great idea. Everybody get those cameras charged.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Sweet! Ordered a couple of pilots here too! Got to have something to drive my SpotCat. :D