1 18 KING TIGER?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: 1 18 KING TIGER?

Post by cjg476 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:04 pm

THIS IS WHAT I SAID AND WHAT RESPONSES I GOT BACK...THREE EMAILS OVER A FOUR HOUR PERIOD AND HE CHANGED HIS EBAY ID. ALSO HE NEVER BLOCKED ME ALL I HAVE DONE IS ASKED HIM FOR KING TIGER PICS WHICH HE RESPONDED TO HIS COMMENTS ARE ON PREVIOUS PAGES OF THIS TOPIC. AFTER THE SECOND EMAIL HE CHANGED HIS I.D.

ME:
First off neither of those pictures have you in it...I know...second I know you have two profiles...one where you buy things and the other where you try to sell them at a jacked up price....third I have filed a complaint with ebay about your fraudulent behavior and your ability to try and be someone your not in order to try and get bids from unsuspecting customers thinking your some kind of American Hero...which if you were and you had the balls to back it up...you wouldnt be putting pictures of people you are not on your ebay page...nice try....

HIM #1:
I really dont care what you think. You dont know me, and how dare you assume that I have not served my country.

Nothing that I do is fradulant. If you want to buy the items, then do so, if not then don't. But keep your own ignorant thoughts to yourself.

The simple fact that you sent me this message shows that you are the one who needs to grow up. All my items are buy it now, and no where do I attempt to elicit bids whith my past military service.

Please keep your thoughts to yourself

HIM#2:
Ahh.... I see what this is all about. Your crying because I blocked you from bidding on the 1:18 King Tiger Prototype, who needs to grow up???

By the way, In my profile, there is a link to check on legit service. By all means, check away. You dont know crap about me, my past, or who I am, or what I've done. Stop crying and get over it

HIM#3:

Here is a link, go check it for yourself.

http://www.veriseal.org/

Your right in the fact that I am not in one of those photos. One of them is of SEAL Team 8, and my friend "Axe", I titled it Angels because all but one have fallen in combat.

Using a "fake persona" to sell items fraudulently?? Here is a conversation I had completely outside of ebay.

"fromPatrick [email protected]
to Jeff Huntley <[email protected]>

dateWed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:49 AM
subjectRe: ebay models
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Nov 16

"I really dont like to talk much about the what I did in the Navy, not because I cant, but because it brings back unpleasant memories. I joined Navy in 1993 straight out of Riverside Military Academy (no parents), and then into BUD/s 198, Naval Special Warfare Group 2, Team 8, and from there served as an element communicator. Served most of my time in the Americas, stationed in Virginia Beach. Got involved in Afganistan, and the war on terror. Was deployed into Oman after Sept 11 and went after Bin Ladin in Afganistan. Took a few rounds and wound up with nerve damage severe enough to prevent me from combat operations. Came home, had some problems adjusting (PTSD), changed my name and tried to move on. It's complicated, left a lot out, but in a nut shell thats it.

Yes, my Grandfather has some stories. He flew when the air war was at its worst. He told me stories of watching B-17s, B-26 and other bombers explode in flight from flak bursts. No wings or tail falling off, just "poof", the plane was gone. He described them as rusty red cotton balls suddenly replacing a plane, with small peices trailing down. He has a photo of himself with a FW-190 he forced down into a soft landing. He retired as a flight instructor stationed at Avenger Field in Sweetwater Texas, with the rank of Captian."

So take off your boy scout uniform and get over it.

- bud-s_189_1993
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:24 pm

This thread is indeed shocking. There are sellers on ebay that are scammers and then there are buyers who are scammers. I hope that ebay will do some thing IF HE REALLY IS A SCAMMER.I agree that he has some shady business tactics, but hey, thats how some people do bidness. Thanks to the one that was brave enough to confront him, but I feel that it may be subtle, since he can claim whatever he wants when he's in a computer.

But then again, the US is a capitalism. Just b/c someone is buying stuff dirt cheap and selling them for crazy prices does not necesarily mean that they are scammers. He's either a smart guy who knows how to advertise or a smart guy who knows that the international customers will pay crazy prices.

Just my 0.2 cents.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:31 pm

PanzerArm wrote:Well the auction has ended.

"Thank you for looking, the item has sold to an undisclosed individual, and the money will be dontated to charities."

Think he gave in to the SSHQ pressure and says he sold it, or did someone actually give him an offer too good to pass up? Gave the money to charity... my a$$.

-Kevin
I have to say that they "donation to charity" is laughable as well. If he really wanted to donate, ebay has one of those options where he can donate a certain percentage of the final price to charity. He's not really convincing.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:17 pm

I have sold some items and send it to APO and i am proud of our war heroes,but i cant stand someone using there reputation to get what they want.If he was a scammer,now he will think twice about scamming 1/18 toy collector.That is if he was a scammer.I don't have a problem with his high prices.But He deserve to be question about the item because of his questionable way of doing business,like blocking buyers who ask for pictures and also his supposed picture as a Soldier.Thanks to all the members for working together in getting the truth.

Tanker85
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Tanker85 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:17 am

This site takes very seriously the impersonation of professional soldiers. They dilegently search out and expose frauds and scammers. Their protocal is very strict on thier website as it is centered around military edicate. I am not a member but have loitered here for many of the interesting topics and info that is available. I am passing this on for educational reasons only.
http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/ ... 8779&f=117

Eric

Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:07 am

Besides all this stuff we now have this guys own statements that he served, was wounded, served overseas and "in the Americas", had PTSD, and his grandfather served. Wow.

What I find most interesting about this guy, is the fact that he says he has "no parents"? :shock: Double wow.....

With his multiple identities, I would believe only that he sits in his parents basement, on his parents pc, in his underwear and is probably 13 years old. 8)

I assume someone has reported him to eBay, leave this to them.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

MUDHEN336
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MUDHEN336 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Inspector Clouseau here with another report:

I believe our friend is back:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorworks-1-18 ... 336fceea62

Didn't notice anything at first until I saw the same picture of the bradley used in his previous listing. Did a little google maps and saw that Dublin, OH (address in this NEW wcusmc1 account) is the next town over, about 10 miles from westerville, OH (address used in his pjc240ross and curtisbehappy2011 accounts).

It looks like he opened the account on 12/20 which is the same day that our fellow member cjg476 called him out.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but it is highly unusual for this guy to keep changing account names and creating new ones if he didn't have something to hide. Not to mention that a previous Navy SEAL as this guy claimed to be would probably rather be tarred and feathered than have USMC attached to his account name. No offense to our Marine bretheren out there. I just know there is a lot of interservice rivalry between those 2 branches. Not to mention he claims to have changed his name after getting out of the military? Why would anyone do that? Unless to make it more difficult to verify his service record? How convenient.

I would DEFINITELY stay away from this guy's auctions.
Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

--John Wayne

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:40 pm

I sent a forever long report to ebay about the seller and his suspicious activity on all three accounts. I have no problem with him selling things at a high price either, but when I called him out about his fake pictures he created to more accounts to hide from. Hopefully they will take some action. This guy is for sure a suspicious seller. BUYER BEWARE. (Ebay said they would get back with me within 48-72 hours) I will keep everyone posted.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:41 pm

He has had for accounts altogether to include the one where he tried to change his I.D.

If he isnt doing anything wrong, whats the point?
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Latest email he sent...not sure why I havent responded to any but the one where I called him out...I dont know why he is explaining himself to me...I just care he is trying to claim to be some Navy Seal or whatever he isnt.

"What is your problem?

Have you ever heard of capitalism and flipping? How does this violate ebay policy? It does not. Go ahead and report me, ebay wont act on it. I spend 6,000.00 per month. Do you really think they will make a stink if I buy something, and make ebay money from seller fees, and then I sell it, and ebay gets more Money? Your making yourself sound more ignorant than you probably are.

Ebay is well aware of what I do. I have even talked to customer support and referred to my three of my accounts to the one representative, and the way I am using it does not viloate Ebay policy. Sorry If I have so much money to spend, being a lawyer, and getting compensation pay from combat injuries, has made me a wealthy man.

Learn the english language: Scam(A fraudulent business scheme); a swindle(To cheat or defraud of money or property). I do none of that. Most of my items are shipped overseas, and there are millions of ebay users. Tell as many people as you want, it will make no difference

No scams here. The items are posted for a price, if you buy it, that is what you get. Many people are willing to pay anything for an item if they want it bad enough, and I am willing to accomidate them. If you have a problem with that, then dont bid, and quit crying and complaining; keep your thoughts to your-self.

I changed my name to avoid people like you who anger management problems, and just cant let things go.

Oh, and actually I have 6 accounts.....
1) 2 accounts for general buying, each has its own bank account.
2) 1 for game buying
3) 1 for military memorabilia
4) one for selling diecast cars and planes
6) one for selling 1/18 or 1/32 military toys.

If you dont like the price, then dont bid, is to hard to grasp??

So again, take off your Boy Scout Tenderfoot uniform, and move on.

I am insisting that you do not contact me again.

Dude, act a little more mature.

- wcusmc "
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:08 pm

He claims to be a lawyer. Do we have a legal person here on the board to counter?

Things are getting spicy...

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Okay, I suck nuts at English, but he needs to learn English. Lots of grammar errors there. :roll:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:51 pm

I tough attorneys are too busy to be selling toys at ebay,to them give the money to charity.there is not much profit on ebay.It is time consuming too.if he was a attorney he would not wast hes valuable time in ebay selling toys.Ebay is time consuming and to a attorney time is money.Specially with the amount of money they make per hour.
That guy never learns,he just keeps lying.He really needs to grow up.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:12 pm

I believe he is a lawyer. Sure I believe that.... and he is receiving VA compensation from combat injuries. Sure I believe that toooooo... wonder what happened? Maybe he fell over his bunk in the dark. I believe that too.... :roll:

I hear that he is a lawyer in the morning, a brain surgeon in the afternoon, a test pilot in the evenings and NASA wants him to go on the first Mars expedition, but he is too busy making millions selling toys... Sure, I believe all that.. :shock:

Now six identifies? And his personal eBay consultant knows all about that... Sure, I believe that.....

And I'm getting ready to leave Santa some milk and cookies.... I've been good so I hope Santa can find me this year...

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Barbarian333
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Barbarian333 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:33 am

Whether he's breaking rules or not, he's deceptive and an a$$hole. Like he says, we don't have to buy his product, but we can warn anybody that might. Hes gonna need 10 or 12 acounts.

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:23 am

This all started because he wouldn't post pics of the 21st King Tiger he had in his possession.
From the start it seemed something was up, I'm more than skeptical about his stories.
B17Fortress wrote:He claims to be a lawyer. Do we have a legal person here on the board to counter?

Yes we do, but I think its entirely up to ebay at point.

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:16 am

Yesterday afternoon I received a call from Mansfield, Oh. Upon answering the phone all I could hear was two or three kids screaming back and forth in the background as if they were just horsing around. No one seemed to answer back to my hellos. The call was very odd since I have no friends nor relatives residing in Ohio. Out of curiosity though I went ahead and looked up Mansfield on the map. It turns out its just north of Westerville. I'm sure its just a coincidence. Or....this could be some kind of counter attack!!!! :lol:

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:18 am

OK update guys...I got three emails this morning and I still havent emailed him since the first one they are as follows.

1. Libel ( unttrue written statements to defame someone out of malice), a scam involves deception, theft, and lies, you've given me enough already to prove malice.
2. Interference of interstate commerce - which is a felony.

Clearly the last statement I quoted is a bona fide case of libel all the way. Being a tax lawyer, I can file these lawsuits myself. Can you afford an attorney? You will need one because I have a nice trail of correspondances over ebay that would make a very strong case, you have made it vert easy to prove malice.. And due to the nature of your last statement, I very well may do so. Monday morning I will pick up the necessay paperwork, and may begin the intital civil action.

- wcusmc

Here is Ebays policy.

"Contact information and identity violations

Misrepresentation of identity: Members can't misrepresent themselves as other eBay members or eBay employees. While members can have multiple user IDs, those user IDs can't interact with one another. For example, members can't bid on or buy their own items or leave comments on their own Feedback Profile."

Your complaining and libel are quite easy to prove here, as I do have multiple ID's, and buy and sell without any type of fraud. You should be recieving paperwork in the mail in a few weeks.

wcusmc

I just sold the spitfire for full price to someone in France.

By the way, Tuesday, Im going to begin the subpoena duces tecum for eBAY. I will be asking for all of your correspondnces made through ebay, and your name and address. I have decided to go ahead and file a lawsuit for libel, solely due to your harassment and threats. I dot know where you live, but most lawyers charge up to 300.00 per hour for these types of cases, with a retanner being maybe a couple thousand.

Was it worth it?

- wcusmc

DONT KNOW WHO IS BEING HARRASSED HERE SINCE I SENT ONE EMAIL AND HE HAS CLEARLY SENT ME LIKE 6. IS THIS GUY FOR REAL? DOES HE HAVE ANY GROUNDS? WOW :twisted:
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:48 am

It seems to me he could be a board member or at least visits our web sight.

If you only e-mailed him once and he has taken it to this level that could be the only reason.

As long as you have not sent anymore.

You struck a nerve with him . I am not sure what he can do legally but do not put anymore fuel on the fire.

By all means I am not trying to tell you what to do.

Just things seem to be getting out of hand on his side.

BTW

Everybody will have a chance to have their own 1/18 scale Koeing Tiger next year. :D

At a fraction of the record setting price that the ORIGINAL PAINT PROTOTYPE sold for. :D :D :D :wink:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

smittyrob64
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by smittyrob64 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:06 pm

This guy is just trying to scare you, there is no case, a few emails?
Any judge would laugh this out of court as a waste of it's time.
He's just trying to intimidate you with threats of a lawsuit and throwing in the money factor with this $300/hr to hire a lawyer BS.

The real concern I think is the possibility of continuing emails and harrassment from him. So I wouldn't respond to anymore of his emails.
Last edited by smittyrob64 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Note: IANAL & IANYL. That said, a quick wiki search shows
"There are several ways a person must go about proving that libel has taken place. For example, in the United States, the person first must prove that the statement was false. Second, that person must prove that the statement caused harm. And, third, they must prove that the statement was made without adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement. These steps are for an ordinary citizen. In the case of a celebrity or public official trying to prove libel, they must prove the first three steps, and must (in the United States) prove the statement was made with the intent to do harm, or with reckless disregard for the truth. Usually specifically referred to as "proving malice".[17]"

Source http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libel
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:26 pm

#4 just received...I havent responded back not that I dont want to...Ebay sent me an email wanting me to call them to get more info...but to be honest Im not that concerned about this guy...like you all have said no one has to buy from him...but here is the latest I just received...

You ave accussed me of a crime, actually 2 of them; fraud, and operation of a scam. You further stated that you have communicated this information to others. You have committed defamation toward me, and accused me of committing a crime, out of malice. Due to this, you are going to be sued for libel/defamation. I already have plenty of evidence in the messsages you have send me. Your situation is not good. I will be asking for a particular dollar amount in damages that will exceed several thousand dollars. The process may take 4 to 6 weeks to obtain the information I need, then another 2 weeks to push the lawsuit, and serve you with the discovery and litigation paperwork.

You may read why your situation is bleak in the following hypertext:

http://www.enotes.com/first-amendment-l ... nd-slander
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

smittyrob64
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by smittyrob64 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:55 pm

If anyone has a case for a lawsuit it's you if he keeps harrassing you.

People fear the idea of being sued and losing money, maybe he does come here and read these posts, so if he can get you worried you play right into his hands and he has the last laugh. I'm sure it's a way to scare anyone off from reporting any of his future listings or any further confrontations.

If he was serious he wouldn't keep threatening you about it. Again though I wouldn't respond to any further emails from him, just give him plenty of rope.

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:05 pm

I havent responded back I also reported all the ebay emails to ebay, and I put him on my block list. I dont think he knows about this forum and talking about him. I found you can block contact from a person, so the four accounts I know of that are his have been added...how crazy. I could care less about anything. All I was really concerned about was the fact he was posting some military pic that wasnt him and claiming to donate the money. Ebay has a whole donation set up for stuff like that so you know where the money goes. The flipping his items for money...yea it sucks but its the american way...
"to make money". Im not worried about this guy. I just think its dumb I have to read 7 emails to my 1. Its like go away already. :lol: :lol:
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

smittyrob64
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by smittyrob64 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:10 pm

That's right, as long as you're not concerned, report it to ebay as you did and forget about it.