AllGo is all go!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: AllGo is all go!

Post by Dauntless » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:55 am

flyboy_fx wrote:Heck, donate money to allgo! Lets ask for a bailout for them to get them started on my JAGDPANTHER!

Oh, did I mention I want a jagdpanther? :lol:
That's not such a bad idea. I would of rather had my bailout money go directly to them instead of to the ones who are hoarding it and won't lend capital to small businesses.

I hope they are enjoying their flooded street today. :twisted:
(sympathies for fellow board members and others enduring it though)

Put me on the list for a donation, then send me a coupon for a discount when they have more offerings. The thing is they aren't asking for our charity (even though I'm sure some would have donated) they are trying to earn it the best way they can. This is the 21st Century Toys aka Ultimate Soldier we all loved and started it all trying to rise from the ashes.

I'll buy a "Shangri La" as soon as I can scrape up an extra $40. :?
Last edited by Dauntless on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

DropTank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by DropTank » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:24 am

Norsican wrote:
Or don't support Algo and try your damndest to convince others to do likewise.
Proof or B.S....Quote post where I tried to convince others.
Truth is I don't have clout on this board to convince anyone of anything at all, just opinion. You are quick to slam certain posters who for whatever reason are not excited about these 2 new releases. Tuff, you need to get over it. Buy all you want, your business. I choose to sit these 2 out, my business...

I'm done on this topic as it's not in best interest of the board. Now off to Wal-mart with my coupons.
FLY NAVY

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:30 am

DropTank wrote:

I'm done on this topic as it's not in best interest of the board. Now off to Wal-mart with my coupons.
It would be nice to use those on some 21stC Toys eh? :wink:

Walmart giveth, Walmart taketh away. :?
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Norsican
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Norsican » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:08 pm

DropTank wrote:
Norsican wrote:
Or don't support Algo and try your damndest to convince others to do likewise.
Proof or B.S....Quote post where I tried to convince others.
Truth is I don't have clout on this board to convince anyone of anything at all, just opinion. You are quick to slam certain posters who for whatever reason are not excited about these 2 new releases. Tuff, you need to get over it. Buy all you want, your business. I choose to sit these 2 out, my business...

Others share your opinion and will pass on Algo for now. That's certainly your prerogative.

However, your opinion would garner far more respect if you didn't quote the opinion of others and frame it with "Blah, blah, blah."

Happy shopping. May the wheels on your cart be wobble-free. :)

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:36 pm

..............so anyway..............
I wish Allgo sold through other retailers as well. We had some 1/32 forces of valor birds in K-mart down here which sold pretty well.
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:02 am

Jay wrote:..............so anyway..............
I wish Allgo sold through other retailers as well. We had some 1/32 forces of valor birds in K-mart down here which sold pretty well.
My bet is it will never happen. Once (or twice) burned ... and all that.

Seriously, though, the future of "real" 1/18 is online. Volumes will be too low for brick and mortar stores and, if I'm right about the possibility of smaller producers being able to get into the market in a few years with new technology, we'll be seeing such small operations that there just won't be the number of people involved on the production side to deal with the big retailers.

sdcc73
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sdcc73 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:27 pm

Can someone post that support Bad Cat letter selling the All Go things?

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:53 pm

"Good Morning Everyone!

What an absolutely thrilling week we had! The new Algo/21st Century line of 1:32 airplanes arrived on Thursday. It's been nearly five lonnnnngggg years since we've seen the kind of old-fashioned excitement we experienced late this week. The packing stations were full of outgoing boxes, the warehouse became delightully messy, and the telephones started ringing! We talked with old friends we hadn't spoken to in years, like Mike, Dana, Steve, and many, many others. That's the wonder of airplanes, they bring people together. The 1:32 scale P-51 Shangri La and Red 19 Fw-190, are a big hit.

But we have an important mission still to accomplish guys. I've had several meetings with Algo/21st Century's owner and one thing is apparent-- Future releases depend on the success of these first two airplanes. If these two 1:32 birds sell quickly, more 1:32 planes, as well as 1:18 projects are waiting in the wings. Fledgling Algo (run by the founder of the former 21st Century Toys) needs our full support if we are ever to see the large variety of aircraft and tanks once provided by 21st Century Toys, again. Even if you don't collect 1:32 or already have these planes, please do the collecting community a HUGE FAVOR by purchasing a couple of these airplanes. As a extra boxed set, a Christmas gift, greasing-up the boss, a Red Cross or church raffle donation . . . you get the idea. I'm really, really excited after talking to Algo about future projects but all the talk is a moot point if these trial balloons don't soar like eagles. Please help us out here, guys!!

Bad Cat is doing our part in this equation by offering FREE USA SHIPPING for all orders over $50. A 1:32 Fw-190 and a P-51 purchased together meets this standard. Coupon Code BADCAT5 will take another 5% off the top with no sales tax except in California. We hope all our readers can help make this happen, too!

Thanks for reading and Blue Skies

'Cat"
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

Norsican
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Norsican » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Jay wrote: I've had several meetings with Algo/21st Century's owner and one thing is apparent-- Future releases depend on the success of these first two airplanes.
A different spin but the same conclusion. God, I wish I could get my hands on a 1:18 A-10.