All-Go! Toys - New 1:18 player JAGDPANTHER ANNOUNCED!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
P47faninchicago
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by P47faninchicago » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:18 pm

Additionally, I hope they don't waste a bunch of money on boxes. I couldn't care less about them. Just save the money and send them in plane cardboard boxes and that would be just fine with me. Maybe I am alone in that respect. How important are box art to 1/18 collectors?

mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by mikeg » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Not important at all (to me)- when I run low on room to display, I just rearrange somehow and the boxes go up to the attic. There are local museums around atlanta if I have a need for artwork

SGT. ODDBALL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. ODDBALL » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:34 pm

the british red devils and some other tommys would be cool! i would like to see more rangers, 82nd airborne and some combat engineers as well. maybe a dedicated ground crew with tools for the aircraft?

BELTxFED
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by BELTxFED » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:35 pm

It's great to hear of a 21C comeback, but don't get too excited.

21C had a very long history of false promises and posting cool pictures of things that were nowhere near production.

I reckon happy days will be here again capped off by another firesale at Monkey Depot :P

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:40 pm

Can't wait to finally get my hands on a few King Tigers !!!!!!
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the
government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

aae83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aae83 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:59 pm

I hope that All-Go learns the lessons of 21st quality control, and not just from the JSI F-14. The F-14 has obvious issues, but anyone around 1/18th collecting during the WalMart years should also recall the quality issues that 21st had, particularly regarding fit and finish. Remember fingerprints? Bent propeller blades? Broken guns? Open seams? Poorly aligned markings? Brush-applied paint touch-up?

Their quality will have to be excellent first time, every time if they are going to market reduced production runs targeting collectors, and they expect to support a higher price point.

That said, I hope they do well. 21st by far provided the greatest variety of items in 1/18 scale, and with luck All-Go will continue to do so.
Was it for this my life I sought? Maybe so, and maybe not...

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:11 pm

P47faninchicago wrote:Additionally, I hope they don't waste a bunch of money on boxes. I couldn't care less about them. Just save the money and send them in plane cardboard boxes and that would be just fine with me. Maybe I am alone in that respect. How important are box art to 1/18 collectors?
Me too

just make it look like a GI MRE box or something like that

Keep it basic

keep it cheap

Yeah and limited or not lower the price to 75 USD and we are in business
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:41 pm

I hate to get picky, but the AG site repeats "various scale" models.

Could that "various scale" include the big guys in 1/6? Seeing as how 21C 1/6 Jeeps are now regularly in the $150up price range and the White Scout Cars over the $500 range and the Command Cars also over $400. Maybe somebody should think about the money to be made in that scale.

Just a thought, after, of course, the 1/18 KT and the T-34 and the CCKW and the High Speed Tractor and the Stuart.......... wow, does that get easy bringing back the old 21C horrors of waiting more than two years bitching about waiting for an Avenger. I'm still waiting for the George Bush Avenger :roll:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Good call tough trucks. Hey all-go. No making announcements you may not be able to actually follow through with. We love it when we hear of new models coming out but it's actually getting really old now. Hopefully you can just stay with the facts and not put your "salesman" hat on and give us more empty promises.
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Jay:

You can call me TT, or you can call me TTT, but ya doesn't have to call me tough trucks. 8)

TTT

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:37 pm

...TT has a nice ring to it...TT it is 8)
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:08 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote:Jay:

You can call me TT, or you can call me TTT, but ya doesn't have to call me tough trucks. 8)

TTT
Oh, no. Please don't start that.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:29 am

Algo Enterprise? Didn't someone on the Monkey Depot blowout sale thread mention that the surplus 21CT clearance stock was being delivered by Algo Enterprise?

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:23 am

Yes Algo Enterprises is essentially a holding company for All-Go! Toys. Algo has other business ventures not all toy related.

All-Go is the scale military toy effort.

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:11 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote:I hate to get picky, but the AG site repeats "various scale" models.

Could that "various scale" include the big guys in 1/6? Seeing as how 21C 1/6 Jeeps are now regularly in the $150up price range and the White Scout Cars over the $500 range and the Command Cars also over $400. Maybe somebody should think about the money to be made in that scale.

Just a thought, after, of course, the 1/18 KT and the T-34 and the CCKW and the High Speed Tractor and the Stuart.......... wow, does that get easy bringing back the old 21C horrors of waiting more than two years bitching about waiting for an Avenger. I'm still waiting for the George Bush Avenger :roll:

TTT
I've been wondering the same thing about the 1:6 stuff. I even started a thread on OSW about the 21C rebirth. There's lots of speculation but no info concerning 1:6 products. The general consensus seems to be that most 1:6 hobbyists would be satisfied if All-Go at least released weapons sets like we got the last couple years before 21C went under. Of course there's no telling who has the molds for the 21C 1:6 stuff.

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:02 am

vmf214 wrote:
RAD 2112 wrote:It's a shame Small Joes got the info wrong on the Pilot...
Capt. Arval J. Roberson flew Passion Wagon

Chuck Weaver flew another P-51 with the same code.
There's actually been some controversy on this. Smalljoes alone didn't get it wrong, for example, Armour's 1/48 version lists Weaver as the pilot and decals sheets for years have shown Weaver as Passion Wagon's driver.

Actually after just a little research, Roberson and Weaver were wingmen at one point. When Roberson left the squadron, Weaver took over his plane. So, I'd say it's correct.

http://www.cebudanderson.com/modgallery36.htm
We can agree to disagree...
The plane in question from "ALL-GO" is Roberson’s.
According to you link , it looks like Weaver added (2) kill marks to the side... the rest were Roberson’s.
There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:21 am

TKO any news on the Figures, are we going to see new Figures or just repaints?
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:54 am

I am sure we will see both. If I were to guess and it's just a guess the German paras would likey be the first rehash / repaint. This would make a lot of sense and I think people would still be excited by them.

Other figures were in various stages of development at 21C when they closed doors so I dunno. they might actually use one of those sets?

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:05 pm

TKO -

Are you unaware of any 1/6 plans for AG? Before they stopped the 1/6 fig line, they were producing some very nice figs, head and shoulders above 21st early figs.

The weapon sets were made right up to the end, and the market is still wanting most of the 1/6 vehicles line. The RC Stuart and the Scout Car and Command Car has a life of their own and customized Command Cars (turning them into WC-52 and WC-63's) command high prices.

An example, my custom using the front half of a Command Car -

How neat is that? Food for thought if AG has any 1/6 plans.

TTT

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:26 pm

RAD 2112 wrote:
vmf214 wrote: There's actually been some controversy on this. Smalljoes alone didn't get it wrong, for example, Armour's 1/48 version lists Weaver as the pilot and decals sheets for years have shown Weaver as Passion Wagon's driver.

Actually after just a little research, Roberson and Weaver were wingmen at one point. When Roberson left the squadron, Weaver took over his plane. So, I'd say it's correct.

http://www.cebudanderson.com/modgallery36.htm
We can agree to disagree...
The plane in question from "ALL-GO" is Roberson’s.
According to you link , it looks like Weaver added (2) kill marks to the side... the rest were Roberson’s.
True, but Weaver's name still adorned it for awhile, he still flew it in combat as shown, so it's still "correct". :P

Really makes no difference to me, it's a sharp looking plane and repaint or not, I'm glad they're making it. I too hope for revitalizing the 1/6 scale. The vehicles were so awesome and the Little Birds were pretty sweet too.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:28 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:TKO -

Are you unaware of any 1/6 plans for AG? Before they stopped the 1/6 fig line, they were producing some very nice figs, head and shoulders above 21st early figs.

The weapon sets were made right up to the end, and the market is still wanting most of the 1/6 vehicles line. The RC Stuart and the Scout Car and Command Car has a life of their own and customized Command Cars (turning them into WC-52 and WC-63's) command high prices.

An example, my custom using the front half of a Command Car -

How neat is that? Food for thought if AG has any 1/6 plans.

TTT
Now that is cool!

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Okay you F-14 fans, you got your spotted bird, so now I'm looking for a striped chicken, hell, put dots on it, but please release that B-25.

Not sure where I can put it, but I'll find somewhere :lol:

Pa Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Pa Deuce » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:18 am

Sabrefan wrote:TKO, is that the actual model of Passion Wagon that will be on the market? Notice the nice scale wheels and tires, I sure hope so.
Exactly, nice scale landing gear - must be detachable or telescope? Mustang struts are too short to retract in that pose (with weight on the wheels). Early D of the 357th with nose art - love it!!!
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z144/b_daddyj/F-14.gif[/img]

supersonicfifi2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by supersonicfifi2 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 am

nice ! there is a lot of eagle eyes members on this forum !

The landing gear sems nice ! i will go for it !

Philippe
This is my new account because i've "broken" the old one !!!!!!!!! please help me !

stv9000
Corporal
Corporal

Post by stv9000 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:32 am

Glad to see them up and running. I can't wait to see some new stuff however I would love to see the marketing research on this one. I doubt they did any at all at this price point. This repaint my fly over seas but I think it will crash and burn here. The F14 did OK because it was new a lot of people wanted one. To think your going to rebuild a company with a repainted model that has already flooded the market is like Chrysler making a comeback with a Dodge caravan. “Sure its double the price but look, it has a new paint scheme”. I don't know I guess they based it on where a majority of there sales came from. E-tailers over wally world.

Just ranting.