Admiral Toys

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Prdbyford1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Admiral Toys

Post by Prdbyford1 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi all, got a newbie here. Just getting into this scale aircraft to go along with my car collection. Was just curious if anyone knew (sorry if this has been discussed already) if Admiral Toys has gone under. I just got one of their Sabres on ebay and it came without the hardware and worse, without the horizontal stabilizers. I would prefer not to give it up, but is it possible to get parts from Admiral if they are still in business? Or anybody have any spares laying around? lol Thanks in advance.

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:36 pm

As best as anyone knows they're doing other things until the economic storm is over, or at least much improved.
I Tan I Epi Tas

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:02 pm

They should be back after these messages!
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

skypirate
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: Admiral Toys

Post by skypirate » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:50 pm

Prdbyford1 wrote:I just got one of their Sabres on ebay and it came without the hardware and worse, without the horizontal stabilizers. I would prefer not to give it up, but is it possible to get parts from Admiral if they are still in business? Or anybody have any spares laying around? lol Thanks in advance.
Sorry to hear about your experience. I seem to recall not immediately finding those items when I bought mine. They were kind of hidden on the outer edge of one side of the styrofoam packing material. 50/50 chance of immediately finding them or not seeing them at all.

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Admiral Toys

Post by Airacobra » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:16 pm

Prdbyford1 wrote:Hi all, got a newbie here. Just getting into this scale aircraft to go along with my car collection. Was just curious if anyone knew (sorry if this has been discussed already) if Admiral Toys has gone under. I just got one of their Sabres on ebay and it came without the hardware and worse, without the horizontal stabilizers. I would prefer not to give it up, but is it possible to get parts from Admiral if they are still in business? Or anybody have any spares laying around? lol Thanks in advance.

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Jason promptly replied to my post here and sent out the missing parts. The problem now is that Jason doesn't seem to visit here much anymore. Or is he does, he doesn't participate in many discussions. I'm sure if you can reach Jason he will take care of you. Hopefully someone here knows how to reach him because he has always seemed like a good person to deal with.

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:41 pm

Try heading over to collector's access.

http://www.collectorsaccess.com/phpBB3/

That was Admiral Toys native stomping grounds for awhile. You might have to clear the cobwebs away though.
Best,
-Paul

mountian-man
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by mountian-man » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Looks like Admiral Toys is still around,

they've just been Wargaming?!

http://www.collectorsaccess.com/phpBB3/ ... 125&t=1159

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:23 pm

So they are admiral games now?
Best,
-Paul

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:35 am

??????????????????????????? :shock:

Jeffrey???????????
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:07 am

hey they are trying to keep a steady flow of money comming into the door!!! Its a good idea - you have a place for wargamers you will have a room full of paying customers.......
Jim or Jason in the back room yelling $30 more dollars and I can fly to China....no no I can purchase some paint..what to do! what to dooo!?
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:41 am

Hahahaha, you'd be surprised at how much dough there is in gaming. I might just have to find a place of my own, seeing that I'll soon be retired. I can sit back and drink coronas while cashing in and all I have to do is pay the rent!

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:10 pm

Looks like they were jumping on the gun announcing plans for new planes earlier. Shame, just another wishlist.