Question for those who have the 1/18 WC63 Dodge Weapons Carr

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Question for those who have the 1/18 WC63 Dodge Weapons Carr

Post by pcoughran » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:59 pm

I want to get one of these but wanted to know from those who have one if they survived shipping. I think I remember somewhere that the rails for the canopy break very easy? Anyone have any experience with these and are they worth getting for under $30?
Thanks,
Phil
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:41 pm

I picked one up from the Monkey a while back, and it made it here completely intact.

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:15 pm

I had one sent from a board member that arrived with some broken parts, but then the one I got at Wal Mart back in the day was intact, though it suffered some broken parts later on.

The vehicle has some delicate parts, so it is probably hit-and-miss. Still, it is neat truck and worth getting.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

sledgehammer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sledgehammer » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:11 pm

Yes the railings are very flimsy and fragile, 2 of mine have suffered allready under normal handling. Everything else is solid on it.
succesful buyers or traders: 109, pcoughran, toyktdlgh

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Question for those who have the 1/18 WC63 Dodge Weapons

Post by coreystinson » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:48 pm

They will survive shipping but a good knock during transit will shear off the canopy. The problem is that the canopy is a very heavy piece of plastic, while the rails are fairly thin.

The WC63 and WC51 are/were very impressive models as far as details go (just check out all of those parts on the undercarriage if you need any convincing, amazing!) but with that detail comes fragility.
pcoughran wrote:I want to get one of these but wanted to know from those who have one if they survived shipping. I think I remember somewhere that the rails for the canopy break very easy? Anyone have any experience with these and are they worth getting for under $30?
Thanks,
Phil
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

Volksdeutsch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Volksdeutsch » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:45 am

they are worth 50!!!

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:13 am

Sounds pretty good I guess even with the possibility of damage. I found a place that has some for $26.99 not including shipping. I may have to go get the Patton command car as well - too bad I missed the Monkey deals on these, I wasn't collecting armor a few months ago - Damn this hobby, it's so addicting.
Phil
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:05 am

They may be a bit fragile in a general sense, but if it's intact when shipped and properly packed it should arrive undamaged. The unknown factor here is handling in transit... if you have a considerable amount invested, insurance may be wise.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:07 pm

I have bought and sold more than a few of all the 21C Dodges. The WC-63, the biggest is definitely a little fragile around the cargo box. All the problems seem to be with the cargo box tops. Usually a quick glue fix.

I have never had a problem with fragility with NIB Dodges. 21C did a good job with packing. The problems I have had was in the packing or the lack of packing of "loose" or "on display" trucks. I have always used extra "peanuts" packing around the "loose" trucks and have never had a complaint from the "buyer".

That said, the only damage I have had was in my own household move recently, of my personal display truck, which snapped off the cargo top supports. Kinds of reminds me of my old moving days. Whenever a friend or relative was going to move their household, I always volunteered to get a truck and drive and supervise the packing (hey, I like driving moving trucks........ and it wasn't my daily job..) anyway, I prided myself with doing a walk through of the house/apartment and I mentally took stock and would say "OK, we need a 22' truck and three guys", or "we need a 26' truck with four guys"..... you get the idea. I did this for years and comes the time for my own big move and I ended up with a full truck and furniture and boxes left over. Mr. "Mover" with egg of his face. I ended up with furniture tied on the back of the truck and three station wagons full of stuff in a convoy from the Bronx to the Isle of Staten. Funny to all but me at the time.

Back to 21C trucks, prices today are what you want to pay. A short time ago prices were great. My best price was years ago when TRU was dumping 21C, I found a shelf of 21C 1/18 Command Cars for $2.50 each. I cleaned them out. Was I embarrassed with a cart full of 1/18 Command Cars and BTW, a 1/6 Command Car at $40 clearance???......... Nah. But that was then, and this is now.... :wink: If you want it? pay for it, with 21C gone, prices will only go higher.

Unless you want to wait for somebody to find that cargo ship loaded with King Tigers, B-25's, Mosquito's, and my persoanl favorite 21C item... the 1/6 RC Panzer III and all kinds of stuff. Rumor has that ship is with the "ghost fleet" in South Assia of unused ships waiting for "things to get better".. Maybe..... you just never know. I'm waiting... 8)

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:15 pm

I had two shipped to me, one from Monkey and I forget where I got the other now. Both arrived fine as frog's hair.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!