America's Army

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
luftpanzer
Officer - Brigadier General

America's Army

Post by luftpanzer » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:17 pm

I was at TRUs today to see if they replenished their XD shelf after I wiped them out Monday. And the shelvs where bear. But I did spot a new figure line called America's Army. Looked like McFaline figures. The are a little bigger then 1'18 and they look good. Had the current army logo all over the packaging. Was trying to see who made them, but the only thing I could see was Made In China. Any one eles noticed these?
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:24 pm

I saw them in the Mishwaka, IN TRU a couple months ago (when the PAK-40 Hanomag first debuted). They do look nice, but seemed closer to 1/12 or so, and I had the impression that they had limited articulatiion. At first, I thought they might be the new bbi 1/12 line, but clearly not.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:02 pm

I saw some here earlier this week. I think the package said they were 5". No articulation at all, as far as I could tell.

tankgirl33
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by tankgirl33 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:08 am

We seen these in Columbus, Ohio. I really like them, I think it's a good way to honor our soldiers. If I'm thinking of the right ones they have a picture of a real soldier on the front, listing all his achievements. The hubby doesn't want them since they have no articulation, but I still think they're neat.
Okay, you are now firing a gun at your imaginary friend NEAR 400 POUNDS OF NITROGLYCERINE!!!

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:00 am

tankgirl33 wrote:We seen these in Columbus, Ohio. I really like them, I think it's a good way to honor our soldiers. If I'm thinking of the right ones they have a picture of a real soldier on the front, listing all his achievements. The hubby doesn't want them since they have no articulation, but I still think they're neat.
WOW where can I find me a tankgirl :D
And yes those are the ones Im talking about.
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:50 am

America's aemy? perhaps they are from the game of the same name. The game is a modern free, downloadable game developed by the gov. as a potential recruiting device.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

tankgirl33
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by tankgirl33 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:58 pm

luftpanzer wrote:
tankgirl33 wrote:We seen these in Columbus, Ohio. I really like them, I think it's a good way to honor our soldiers. If I'm thinking of the right ones they have a picture of a real soldier on the front, listing all his achievements. The hubby doesn't want them since they have no articulation, but I still think they're neat.
WOW where can I find me a tankgirl :D
And yes those are the ones Im talking about.
Aw, shucks. :D How cool, a dowloadable free game from the government. Neato! I'm not totally clear on how this will recruit anyone, playing Grand Theft Auto doesn't make me want to carjack anyone. :D But hey, they gotta do what they gotta do.
Okay, you are now firing a gun at your imaginary friend NEAR 400 POUNDS OF NITROGLYCERINE!!!